While your windows make sure your home has light and scenery to spare, they’re not without their flaws. Windows can also be one of the leading sources of heating and cooling loss, but that doesn’t mean you’re stuck with high energy bills. Many window treatments are designed with energy efficiency in mind. In fact, you have your choice when it comes to styles, colors and other specifics.
In particular, shades and shutters will help create an insulating buffer between your home and the temperatures outdoors. While some treatments may work better than others, energy efficiency isn’t the only consideration to make. Thankfully, you have help choosing which treatments to go with. A free virtual or in-home consultation can pair you with a design expert prepared to transform your ideas into reality.
Insulate Your Home with Honeycomb Shades
Who said saving energy meant you had to give up style? Honeycomb shades, also called cellular shades, offer practical benefits such as light control and energy efficiency. They use pockets of air encased between single, double or triple-cell shades to block out light, heat and even sound. You can even add a motorized control system for maximum convenience.
1. Applause® Honeycomb Shades are a fan favorite because homeowners like the triple-cell construction. You can pick between vertical or horizonal orientation as well as the color and fabric material.
2. Duette® Honeycomb Shades are the most energy-efficient honeycomb shades available. Compare the four pleat sizes until you find the one you like and consider upgrading these shades with LightLock™ or Duolite® systems. They can offer outstanding blackout and light-diffusion features.
Roman Shades Offer Clean, Simple Energy Efficiency
Roman shades are another great option for building a layer of protection between you and the outdoors. These shades are minimalist enough to not draw excessive attention while offering enough detail and texture to look great anyway. Roman shades come in a number of fabrics and colors, and you can even customize the opacity, such as with Vignette Roman Shades. If you’d like to find a balance between energy efficiency and scenery, a new set of Roman shades may be the way to go.
3. Provenance® Woven Wood Shades are ideal for someone who adores nature without all the dirt and animals that comes with it. These alluring bamboo shades can be fitted with light-filtering liners for more control over light and privacy.
4. Solera® Soft Shades could be your preferred choice if you like the look of a Roman shade and the energy efficiency of honeycomb shades. The insulating pockets can even help soften noise from outside.
Enhance Your Energy Efficiency with Plantation Shutters
For even greater energy efficiency, a new set of custom shutters gets the job done better than other window treatments. Shutters promote a sense of splendor and refinement, calling to mind upscale country manors. You can customize your shutters by color, louver size and even architectural details for window treatments that complement the space perfectly.
5. Traditional Wood Shutters are worthwhile if you want true authenticity. These interior shutters are made with durable, furniture-grade basswood and feature historically accurate 1¼” miniature louvers.
6. Classic Plantation Shutters combine the beauty of a wood shutter with the energy efficiency of polymer. These shutters are built with high-quality materials and can be customized.
7. LouverWood® Plantation Shutters are the ultimate solution for the energy-minded homeowner. These beautiful plantation shutters offer three times the insulation versus wood shutters. For those looking for the most stylish energy-efficient shutters around, LouverWood is the way to go.
Compare Shutter Styles with Our Visualizer Tool
If you can’t choose between different interior shutters, our Visualizer Tool can help. You can upload a photo of your home or choose from our sample rooms and compare colors, louver sizes and other details. Feel free to keep going until you’ve found your dream shutters.
Maximize Your Energy Savings with Custom Louver Shop of Boston Window Treatments
Energy efficiency is more important than ever, and your window treatments can be a big part of your plan to increase those monthly savings. Whether you prefer the softness of shades or the sturdiness of shutters, Louver Shop of Boston offers some of the best of the best. Don’t forget to arrange a free consultation if you’d like help from a design expert. They have the knowledge and experience to identify your favorite looks and match you with the right window treatments. You can schedule your consultation by giving us a call at 888-428-1415.